top of page
  • Writer's pictureDallas Davis

New Connecticut Rental & Mortgage Assistance Programs

There are two new programs available for tenant rental assistance and homeowner mortgage assistance.

The CT Department of Housing's Tenant Rental Housing Assistance Program ("TRHAP") is now accepting applications for rental payment assistance of up to $1,000 per month, for a maximum cumulative total of $4,000 of assistance. The payments are made directly to the applicant's Landlord. Eligibility and other requirements may apply. For more information, please visit the Department of Housing's website. Tenants can also call DOH at 860-785-3111 to determine eligibility for the program.

T-MAP Loans, the Temporary Mortgage Assistance Program Loans through the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA), is now accepting applications for mortgage assistance of a loan up to $25,000 per household for mortgage payments that were due to lenders beginning with the March 1, 2020 mortgage payment, which may include principal, interest, taxes and insurance. Please visit CHFA's website for more information about this loan program. At that page there is also a link you can click to determine your eligibility.


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page